Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 6: Estella to Los Arcos, 20 km

I am now in Los Arcos writing from my ipod. it does not recognize the
camino 2011 group address so you will have to send this on.
The main event of the day is that I got caught in a heavy downpour for
30 min an hour away from Los Arcos, would have been ok, except I had
ut my raincoat in the bag sent through jacotrans. Things are basically
ok, except that some water got into my camera and cellphone, despite
my keeping them well-protected, I thought. At least my ipod and key
board are ok.


Left Estella close to 9 am, It took me more time than I thought to get
ready. I wore thinner woolen socks and that relieved pressure on my
little toes.
The walk all through was pleasant, over cast skies, some kith ambon,
more like precipitaion. A couple of kilometers out of Estella is a
famous ancient wine fountain with a sign that tells the pilgrim to
drink up so as to have the strength to finish the camino. I had a
picture taken beside the faucets, which give wine rather than water.
peregrines were happily drinking up.


A lot of ups and downs  till one of the highest points, Montjardin,
where I had a lunch of fried eggs, french fries and sausages, Asked
the waitress to take my photo with the food She was amused: "Con los
platos?" aand then "Sonrie, smile"


From there was around 9 km more to Los ARcos through gently rolling
hills. Lots of vineyards,


My feet are holding up, the thinner socks gave my little toes relief.


Till the heavy rain for 30 min an hiour friom Los ARcos.


Hope my camera and cellphone will do better after they dry up. If not
I will have to get new ones in Logrono tomorrow. I have an extra day
in Logrono so have time to fix things there.


The main point is that I am holding up physically and mentally,
spiritually too I hope.


Dinner at 7. Mass at the Church beside my pension at 8. Then sleep.


Hope to leave early tomorrow as it is a long camino of 28 km to Logrono.


All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment