Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 1

  I am having trouble with my ipod system. I had written a word document which I was going to attach, but could not get that to work. So let me repeat in email. May I ask Rona to forward to the others in my group email for the camino.

  Here I am on first day, am now at St. Jean pied de Port, St. John at the foot o the Pass, the traditional town where pilgrims from all over Europe crossed the Pyrenees into Spain.

  I took the 10:10 train from Paris Montparnasse, TGV high speed train, to Bayonne arriving at 2:55 PM and connected with a local train to St. Jean arriving just before 4:30 PM. Walked with the others to the Reception Hall, where I registered and got my credential del peregrino. I took a photo of it, but cannot find a way to send it right now. I also got a shell, the symbol of the pilgrim and the camino.
  
  The train to St.Jean was full, so a lot of pilgrims. Many not so young, so it should be an interesting walk tomorrow.
 
  I then walked over to my hotel, Itzalpea. They have wifi and it is working. I think the problem is the settings in my Ipod.
 
It is now 6:45 PM and I will walk around the town a bit, have supper and then sleep early.
 
Will try to send another email, before retiring tonight.
 
Best to all.
 
Fr. Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment